Over the past few weeks, more and more people have been getting “Card Declined” errors on supreme checkout. We have been working behind the scenes and closely monitoring this.
The error is generic, more of a “checkout ghost”. They don’t actually try to charge your credit card and this error on the website is just a means to hide the actual error.
At first, we figured the possible cause of this is one of the following:
- Address ban
- Credit card ban
- Ip ban
- Bot detection
From our findings it looks like this is related to ip address.
How we came to this conclusion
We have one US proxy, an address and a credit card.
- While testing I can place orders using bnb all in one on supreme with these details.
- On Thursday, as soon as clock hits 11:00 am – the same details start giving “Card Declined” error in the bot.
- At this time, we get the same error when trying manually in chrome using the same details. So it’s not a bot issue.
- I can checkout on my home ip using the same details (minus the proxy). So it must be an ip address issue because that’s the only thing I changed here.
- The card decline error on the proxy stays for roughly 20 minutes after 11 am. After that I can checkout normally again.
The problem here is that supreme is making it difficult to check whether a proxy is good for supreme or not. Because you only get a window of about 20 minutes, it can be a challenge to make sure ip address is the real issue. We request you to follow the testing method above and email us if your findings are different.
Another way to confirm this without having to actually buy anything is:
- Enter any address from fakenamegenerator.com into the supreme checkout form.
- In credit card number field enter 1111 1111 1111 1111.
- On regular days when the ip ban is not in effect, you will get card number invalid error and the site will load the checkout form again.
- But if their’s an issue with your proxy/ip, you will get the “card declined” error during drop time.
Supreme IP Ban
When supreme hard bans a proxy, the site won’t load in the browser and the bot will give you “operation timeout” error. We have noticed recently that a lot of hard banned supreme proxies got unbanned. But in reality, they came back with the ghost ban aka card declined error.
For casual buyers that will only run a couple of tasks in the bot, this isn’t really an issue. Your home ip is most probably not ghosted. But for the hard hitters who have enjoyed the bnb supreme module for long, running tens of accounts, and are now getting this error, its probably time to find an untapped proxy source.
Please share this blog post to spread the word about this. Also, good luck for supreme week 6!